Iowa Central Announces 2013 Triton Hall of Fame Class
by Shelly Rustvold
Posted on 9/9/2013
Iowa Central Community College has announced the 2013 Hall of Fame class as nine alumni will be honored, in addition to a long-time professor of Art.
The inductees will be officially inducted into the Triton Hall of Fame during Iowa Central’s Alumni and Friends Banquet on September 28. The banquet is part of the Homecoming weekend and will include dinner, silent and live auction, and alumni games on Saturday. The Triton football team takes on North Dakota at noon on Sunday at Dodger stadium.
- Robert J. Halm (posthumous) Art Education at Iowa Central/Artist
Halm began his lifelong commitment to education after graduating from Michigan State with a B.A. degree from the University of Iowa with a MFA degree in Art in 1950.
Distinguished Alumni Award
- Donald Olson – (Retired) Vice President of U.S. Operation for Firestone Tire & Rubber.
Don attended Fort Dodge Junior College in 1940, and received a Business Degree from Luther College.
- Thomas G. Schnurr – CEO, Stark Bank Group, Ltd.
Tom graduated from Iowa Central Community College in 1972 and from the University of Iowa in 1974 with a BAA degree.
- Timothy (Madai) Taylor – Artist, Founder/Pastor of Agape Church
Madai attended Iowa Central in 1982, studying art and graduated in 1987 and got an Associate of General Studies in 1984. He continued completion of his education at Buena Vista with a degree in Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work. He also holds a B.A. in Fine Arts from Buena Vista University.
- Vaughn Bauer – CEO, Bauer Built Manufacturing
Vaughn Bauer graduated in 1977 with a certificate of graduation in Machine Shop.
- Julie (Moser) Thorson – President/CEO Friendship Haven
Julie graduated in 1993 with an Associate Arts degree; she received her BA in Broadcast News from the University of Kansas in 1995. She will become the first female to be honored as a Distinguished Alumni.
Triton Athletic Award
- Maurice Bernard Smith – 1985 Football
- Brad “Whitey” Schwartzbauer – 1996 Baseball
- Tony Davis – 1998 Wrestling
- Dana Holland – 2001 Wrestling
Iowa Central Community College is indeed proud of the accomplishments of this 2013 Hall of Fame Class and extends our congratulations to each one.
To order tickets, or for more information on the banquet and induction ceremony, call the Alumni and Development Office (515) 574-1137.