1. Complete an Iowa Central Application.
2. Submit a copy of your high school transcripts or GED scores. (must meet the minimum requirements: minimum of a high school diploma (GPA of 2.5) or equivalent (GED of 550)
3. Submit a copy of assessment scores. (ACT, ASSET or COMPASS scores must meet the minimum requirements: ACT score of 18 or above in English, Reading, and 14 in Math; COMPASS scores (Writing 65, Reading 80, Placement Doman number of Pre-Algebra 24 or Algebra 0), or ASSET scores of 40 in each category writing and reading and 35 in numeric).
4. Submit college transcripts.
If previous college courses have been taken, the GPA is at least 2.0.
5. Student must be 17 years of age prior to/at the first day of class.
6. Have high school diploma or it's equivalent if enrolling in the Paramedic Program.
7. Be able to speak, write, and read English.
8. Hold a current course completion card in CPR for the Healthcare Provider or CPR for the Professional Rescuer if enrolling in an EMT, Advanced EMT, or Paramedic.
9. Be currently certified, as a minimum, as an EMT, if enrolling in an Advanced EMS course. If currently certified in another state as an EMT-B or higher level, the applicant must submit an endorsement application to the Iowa Bureau of EMS within two weeks of the course start date.
If you have any questions concerning any of the Emergency Medical Service Programs e-mail Paul Arens at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-362-2793 ext. 1300/515-574-1300.