Patient Bill of Rights
Our clinic accepts all patients with dental hygiene needs which are considered appropriate for teaching students current techniques of dental hygiene, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
However we do reserve the right to refuse treatment to any person for the following reasons:
- Patient conduct is disruptive or compromises the rights of others
- Refusal to pay for treatment
- Inability to abide by the patient responsibilities listed below
- Medical or emotional management that would be beyond the ability of the Dental Hygiene student in a school or community setting
Important Information For Our Clients
Please read the following, it contains information regarding Iowa Central Community College Dental Hygiene Student Clinic’s philosophy of client care and your rights as a client.
Every Client Has The Right To:
- High quality dental care
- Considerate, respectful and confidential treatment
- Advance knowledge of cost and financial responsibility for treatment
- An explanation of proposed treatment, alternatives, advantages and disadvantages of various treatment, limitations to proposed treatment and risks of no treatment. (Informed consent)
- Refusal of treatment recommendations
- Personnel that are in compliance with Infection Control Standards. (Infection Control Policy available on request)
- Protective eyewear
- Receive treatment that meets the Standard of Care of Dental Hygiene
- Comprehensive care
- The opportunity to ask questions
As a client at Iowa Central Community College Dental Hygiene Student Clinic, I must also assume responsibility as a client.
- Provide, to the best of my knowledge, accurate and complete information regarding current medical complaints, past illnesses, hospitalization, medicine and other issues relevant to my care, and changes to these.
- Inform my provider promptly if I do not understand information relating to my care and treatment or receive instructions with which I cannot comply.
- Keep appointments or telephone the clinic in advance when I cannot keep a scheduled appointment.
- Observe all policies at the Dental Hygiene Student Clinic.
- Follow the clinical rules and regulations.
- Accept responsibility for my actions, if I refuse treatment or do not follow my provider’s instructions.
- Be considerate of other clients and Iowa Central Community College property.
- Show respect for and courtesy to faculty and students.
- Behave reasonably and appropriately for the professional atmosphere of the clinic.