You must apply for a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) before we can determine your eligibility. You can apply online at www.fafsa.gov
. Iowa Central’s Federal School Code is 004597. You and a parent (if dependent) will need your FSA IDs to sign the FAFSA electronically. You can obtain a FSA ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov
You can start filling out the FAFSA on October 1st. The earlier you file the better. Some aid is limited and can be awarded quickly. The deadline to have your FAFSA submitted is July 1st at 11:59 PM. However, Pell Grant and Direct Loans may still be available to you if you file after that date.
- Approximately 30% of FAFSAs are selected for verification
- Verification includes completing the appropriate year’s verification worksheet and submitting copies of the student’s and parent’s (if applicable) signed and dated Federal Tax Return Transcripts or W-2s.
- If you are enrolled in courses you may view documents needed in WebAdvisor under “My Documents” (WedAdvisor can be accessed at www.iowacentral.edu, click on TritonPass
What you must do to complete your financial aid:
There are scholarships, Parent PLUS loans, and private student loans you could apply for to help cover the difference.
There are scholarships listed on our website that you can apply for. You can also create an account on www.fastweb.com
which will help you find free money for college.
- In order to be eligible for a refund check your Financial Aid/Payments have to exceed your charges.
- You will only receive a financial aid disbursement for classes which you are registered for and attending. If you are in a FlexNet course attendance requirements are met by submitting work, such as an assignment, quiz, or test in each of your FlexNet courses
- To check the amount of your credit balance log into TritonPass>Webadvisor>Account Detail By Term
- Your financial aid will be disbursed in two equal installments; once in the Fall Semester, once in the Spring Semester. If you are only attending one semester your student loan will be divided into 2 equal disbursements.
- If your financial aid file is not complete by the initial disbursement date, the disbursement of your financial aid will be delayed until approximately one week after your file has been completed.
- Acceptable use of your refund check includes paying for: housing, food, gas, daycare, school supplies, computer. Your refund check cannot be used to purchase a car, pay for a vacation or trip, or be used towards other non-educational expenses
- Please keep in mind, these dates are not a guarantee, they are an estimate. Each student’s Financial Aid situation can vary. For student specific information, please stop in our office.
Returning Loan Borrowers - 9/16/16
1st Time Loan Borrowers - 9/30/16
Fall-Only Returning Loan Borrowers (1st Half) - 9/16/16, (2nd Half) - 10/21/16
Fall-Only 1st Time Loan Borrowers (1st Half) - 9/30/16, (2nd Half) - 10/21/16
Make sure you have Iowa Central listed as a school on your FAFSA (our Federal School Code is 004597). Once we have a copy of your FAFSA and any other necessary documents, we can determine how much aid you can receive here.
You can make payments directly with the Business Office. Or if you wish to take out a loan for the student, you can apply for a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan (if student is dependent).
- Parents can borrow this loan to help cover the student’s account balance at Iowa Central.
- To apply, go to www.studentloans.gov
- Sign in as the parent with the parent’s Federal Student Aid Id. If you do not have an FSA Id you may apply for one at https://fsaid.ed.gov.
- Once signed in, click “Request a Direct PLUS Loan,” then choose “Parent PLUS.”
- Go through and apply for the loan. At the end of the application it will tell you if you have been approved or denied. If approved, make sure to go on to complete the Parent PLUS Master Promissory Note.
- Click on the link to download the 2016-2017 Parent PLUS Loan Authorization Form. This is the final form that is needed by the Financial Aid Office to process the Parent PLUS Loan. You may fax to: 515-574-1037; email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to: Financial Aid, Iowa Central Community College, One Triton Circle, Fort Dodge, IA, 50501.
- If your application is denied, please contact the Financial Aid Office to let us know. The student may be eligible for additional unsubsidized loans.
If you withdraw from your classes, the Financial Aid Office may be required to complete a calculation to determine whether or not you can keep all of your financial aid. This may leave you owing a balance to Iowa Central. If you are considering withdrawing from your classes, contact the Financial Aid Office to see how your financial aid will be affected. You can also view our R2T4 Policy for more details. Click here to download the R2T4 Policy.