Maintenance Tech/Sanitation Lead
Doherty Staffing Solutions
Graettinger , IA
Doherty Staffing Solutions in partnership with our client company in Graettinger, is currently interviewing for a maintenance tech/sanitation lead, 2nd shift.
Our client, Daybreak Foods, is seeking a maintenance tech/sanitation lead, to work 2nd shift in their Graettinger location. The pay range is $14.00-$17.00/hourly. The maintenance tech/sanitation lead is responsible for maintaining, repairing and replacing industrial equipment and machinery used in the automated processing of liquid eggs. Additionally responsible for lead of the sanitation personnel which chemical clean the processing equipment in accordance with SOPs, GMPs, and SQF requirements.
- Maintenance Tech/Sanitation Lead responsibilities include:
- Contributing to team efforts to meet department and facility goals safely and on time.
- Troubleshoot and make routine adjustments and repairs to high-speed industrial processing machinery in order to maintain production and maintenance schedules.
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance in order to maintain the proper working
Order of all industrial processing machinery in order to keep up with production and
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Lead Sanitation Team members and ensure proper safety policies, SOPs, and food safety requirements are met and followed.
- Plans, assigns, and prioritizes work assignments of sanitation crew.
- Operate all Clean In Place (CIP) systems as necessary.
- Ensure all chemicals, buckets, and pumps are properly tagged per safety requirements.
- Take apart egg processing machines, clean/sanitize with chemicals, and then reassemble machine.
- Complete routine paperwork and data entry as required.
- Must follow all applicable safety, GMP, SQF, and food safety regulations.
- Participate in inspections and audits.
- Ability to work and lead with minimal supervision
- Preform janitorial duties of offices, lunchroom, and grounds maintenance.
Maintenance Tech/Sanitation Lead Requirements
- Must have or be able to obtain First Aid/CPR
- Maintenance experience and or industrial sanitation experience beneficial but not required.
- Basic mechanical aptitude is required.
- Leadership experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- The ability to get members of a group(s) to work together to accomplish tasks.
- Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Possesses critical thinking skills.
- Willing to work overtime and modified work schedules on short notice as required in order to achieve production and maintenance schedules.
- Must maintain composure, control anger, and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision in a sage and efficient manner following all company policies.
- Ability to regularly lift, carry, push, pull 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, twist, kneel and climb ladders.
- Ability to spend entire day on feet walking, standing or climbing.
Industrial Mechanics Technology
To submit yourself as a candidate or to inquire about the maintenance tech/sanitation lead position, please contact the Doherty Algona office at 515-650-9231. You can also email your resume directly to email@example.com