Diesel Power Mechanic
Estes Express Lines
Des Moines , IA
- Responsible for repairs and required preventive maintenance of trucks and/or forklifts
- Inspect, trouble shoot, diagnose and perform maintenance on equipment
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documents required by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), company and any other Federal, State or Local regulations
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals
- Repair or replace defective parts, components or systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure the work meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated regulations
- Regular attendance is required
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances; Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned; Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks
Comprehensive Benefits –
401 (k) with Company Match
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
College Scholarship Program Awards
Credit Union *
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Dependent Life Insurance
Direct Deposit *
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Care Flexible Spending Account
Job Referral Bonus Program (Eligible Employees Only)
Jury Duty Leave
Paid Time Off Policies
Safety Awards Program (Specific Employees Only)
Safe Driving Bonus Program (Drivers Only)
Short and Long Term Disability Programs
Estes reserves the right to change, adjust, amend or terminate its benefits at any time. *Indicates part-time employee eligibility
At Estes Express Lines - We understand that the dedication and quality of our employees are what set us apart from other transportation providers. That’s why we strive to create a pleasant and safe work environment that gives our employees the support they need to be successful - today and tomorrow.
Employee Support Line - We want to give Estes employees the information they need—when they need it. That’s why we have a dedicated phone number designed to quickly direct them to personnel who are ready to answer their questions. From insurance concerns to confidential, employee-related issues, our support line enables employees to reach the right person with just the touch of a button.
Exceptional Experience - At Estes, you’ll work on everything from tractors and trailers to forklifts and dollies. Whether repairing diesel engines or latest electronics – every day brings new opportunities to put your skills to the test.
Extensive Training Opportunities - Expanding your horizons and being up-to-date on the latest technology are important. That’s why we invest in technical workshops for our mechanics and provide opportunities for CDL training after a mechanic achieves one year of full-time employment and meets all company and DOT qualifications. Whether in-house or vendor-based, our extensive training programs ensure that you receive the information you need to learn cutting-edge techniques on state-of-the-art equipment so you can stay at the top of your field.
Great Pay and Incentives - When you work for Estes, you not only get the advantage of an exceptional hourly rate based on skill level, you also receive free uniforms and have the opportunity to earn an annual shop performance incentive. Also, for mechanics who qualify, we offer advancement opportunities and safety awards.
Leading-Edge Tools - Our Mechanics work with the most up-to-date equipment. And our air tool/torque wrench repair program helps you keep you own Estes-registered tools operating at peak performance.
Open-Door Atmosphere - The needs and concerns of our employees are a top priority at Estes. With our open-door management style, committed professionals in our Human Resources, Fleet Services, Operations, and Safety departments are always accessible and ready to assist you.
Top-Notch Support - From our seasoned managers to our Corporate Fleet Services staff, we have a professional team that believes in working together to achieve goals. Our primary objective is to see you succeed.
At this time, Estes will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Positions are considered open until filled or until we have received an adequate number of applicants. Qualified applications will be required to complete an on-site application as part of our standard application process.
Estes is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or other related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like an accommodation or any assistance in order to apply for a job, please call 1-877-975-4378 for assistance, or fax your requested accommodation to 804-355-3748. Nothing contained herein is to be construed as an offer of employment or a binding contract of employment for a specific period of time. Employment can be terminated by either the employee or the employer at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
- 18 + years of age
- Must have a minimum of one-year experience and/or completion of trade school; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to use hand tools and test equipment
- Must have own tools
- Must know general repairs and PM criteria
- Should have specific knowledge of heavy truck repairs in a commercial environment, including diesel engine system diagnostics to ensure equipment is operating appropriately
- Must possess the ability to keep up with changing technology and updates
- Possess mechanical ability and interest of engines, electronics and precision equipment
- Must possess the strength and stamina required to work with heavy equipment and work in awkward positions
- Physical activities include: walking, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; CDL is a plus although not required
- Must have an acceptable MVR
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Should be self-starting and organized
- Must possess a strong work ethic and good problem solving skills
- Must be willing to work any shift, including nights and weekends in any weather condition; flexible work schedule
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Must be able to lift approximately 10-70 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Send your resume to email@example.com